Sunday, January 18, 2009

Summer Fun

I have only got one more week left in Australia before I head back to the freezing cold of St. Charles. As I don't think I have had a day below 30 degrees Celsius for a while and have recently been informed that it got to -17 last week in St. Charles it is sure to give my body a shock.

The last week has been pretty routine for me. I am currently staying at Fingal Bay with my family which is where I have holidayed every year of my life to date. My day usually involves rising out of bed, having a casual breakfast, getting on the bike each day for 3-4hrs of easy riding, heading to the beach and then not really much at all in the afternoons. It has been a very relaxing couple of weeks and have enjoyed the time I have spent with my family. When I return to the states I won't be returning until December so I am trying to spend as much time with them as I can while also catching up with friends from home who I also won't see this year. I guess if you want to live the dream there are a few compromises you have to make.




Kitted Up



Fingal Bay



Having said this I am excited to get back to the states and in particular to start racing on the road again. When I arrived in August last year the road season was winding down so I am looking forward to test my legs, at first at the collegiate level and then later on in the open events. I sat down with my coach last Friday to plan out my season and to work out where I will need to be going with all pistons firing and at other times where I will be able to take a few easy weeks and not worry too much about my form. I really look forward to the upcoming season and and feel that this year should be a very good one for me and most importantly for my development.
Until next time, ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Im pretty sure thats not you in those track photos....
Let's be honest here...

 
Custom Search