Monday, February 2, 2009

Seeing Clearly Now



Hi all, to say I haven’t done much since my last blog would be quite the understatement. Back on the 25th January I once again departed Sydney airport, this time knowing that instead of being away for only 4 months I wouldn’t be back until December. It’s going to be a long year away from home. I did make the most of my time back in Australia knowing that I wouldn’t be seeing most of the people for a while. Two hassle free flights later which I hear, according to seasoned traveler Crades, is hard to come by when traveling with bikes I arrived back in St. Louis. Looking out the plane window on the tarmac the snow was falling, much to the dismay of the always well organised and prepared Chev, who’s footwear was better suited to the 50C (90F) warmer day that we left Sydney on. Thongs may not have been the best idea. I miraculously managed to escape any sign of jet-leg which was an added bonus, some have said I somehow found a space-time intergalactic continuum hole on my way over.

I chose quite the time to return to the tropic climate of the mid-west. Apparently I didn’t miss one snowfall while back in Australia so whoever controls what happens up there decided he’d save it up until I returned. With three days of snow it made riding outside impossible but I wasn’t complaining. Its not everyday I get the opportunity to go sledding, run around like little boys on frozen ponds, have numerous snow fights (I must admit that my record is now up around 0-4 and one of these losses may or may not have involved belts and blood. Take of it what you may,) and of course, make snow angels. It actually dumped so much snow that class was cancelled on Wednesday, it made for an All-American “Snow-Day.”


Sexy?




Chev, Crades, Me

School is just the same as last semester so I’m not going to bore you with that. It appears Lindenwood survived J-Term without us Aussies around stirring things up (maybe only just but they got through) but rest assured, we are back to our usual best.


Bunch Ride

1 comment:

Francis Hamre said...

damnit because of you writing this for a title i have had that song stuck in my head for two days now.

 
Custom Search