Sunday, February 22, 2009

So it begins...and continues

So you know its cold


My US racing campaign was launched today and although not much, if anything, went to plan today I’m still happy to get a run on the board. So today was a race called Froze Toes, the name says it all, it was -8 Celsius when I woke up. Without going into to much detail, mainly because I don’t have much to say we rode horribly as a team and gave ourselves no opportunity to win. No one is too worried though as we know it is only the first race. It gave me an opportunity to assess my form after a few weeks of no racing and I know I have got some good form at the moment, ready for the collegiate season to start next week.

The last couple of days, leading up to my first race I have been thinking that the last 4 or 5 years of training I have been doing on my bike are really coming down to the season I’m about to start in the US. When I first started racing I guess I had the same dream as every other boy growing up, to become a pro athlete. This is just one stepping stone on my way to hopefully realizing that dream. Without putting to much expectation upon myself I hope that the effort I have put it will pay off this season.
Myself and our giant teammate Justin


OK that’s deep enough for now, in other news although not as much as last semester, we have still been frequenting the main street of St. Chaz on some nights during the week. New team mate and suite mate Addison, more commonly referred to as weapon or weap weap for his unusually large head, has been having a bad influence on me and encouraging me to drink at every opportunity, never have to ask him twice to go to main st. He doesn’t stop moving.


Owen and Weapon


I should also mention another new teammate, Franics (Frank.) He could possibly be one of the most unusual guys I know. I don’t think there has been a meal at the cafeteria with him where there hasn’t been an argument. Last night it was why he doesn’t believe in txt messaging, as usual he was defeated. Being from texas may explain it though. But ‘we love ya frank.”

Will also thank my second family, the Pullnows. The Australian contingent was invited around for dinner not long ago and once again was spoilt with an outstanding meal. It was not long before Valentine’s day also so for a couple of us we actually received our first ever valentines presents thanks to Mrs Pullnow and Kate (KKron.) Justin also showed us his shotgun he owns so we had a bit of fun with that, see pics.



Now that I’m racing I’ll try and keep updated on how it is all going.

No comments:

 
Custom Search